Jobs in Canada
Job title: Facilities/Ground Support Equipment Supervisor
Job description: Summit Air is currently hring for a Facilities/Ground Support Equipment Supervisor to join the team in Yellowknife, NT! You will be responsible for the maintenance of the facilties and for all ground support equipment (GSE), in order to support the operations of aircraft in the group. The GSE Supervisor will coordinate, originate, assess and negoiate work orders, maintenance acitivities and maintain all equipment information.
Apply now to join the Summit Air family in Yellowknife, NT!
- Conducts repair and maintenance of all ground support equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting of ground support equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Conducts regular inspections of facilities for compliance and asset integrity.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and performs immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Keeps tools and support equipment in safe and operational working condition.
- Manages all maintenance-related schedules, activities and deadlines.
- Evaluates and audits maintenance work practices and identifies methods to improve productivity.
- Liaises with vendors and secures pricing of parts and services; initiates purchase orders.
- Acts as internal consultant for the ground operations management team on the best use of the ground support equipment; ensures that all policies, procedures, regulations and safety requirements relating to GSE are met.
- Liaises with Ledcor corporate on the insurance and licensing of all fleet vehicles; ensures the accuracy and validity of all annual certifications and compliances.
- Manages and monitors the performance of any third-party contractors as required.
- Manages equipment inventory tracking; maintains and updates equipment files.
- Experience in aviation ground support equipment maintenance considered an asset
- Must possess a Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeymen certification or equivalent
- Welding certificate highly preferred
- Proven track record within the aviation industry
- xpert in the use of maintenance and work order practices
- Strong and diverse mechanical knowledge
- Capable of coordinating maintenance efforts both alone and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Sep 2, 2021