Jobs in Canada
Job title: Apprentice Automotive Technician
Job description: Apprentice Automotive Technician (1st / 2nd Year)
Grande Prairie Subaru
Grande Prairie, AB
Grande Prairie Subaru is a an AutoCanada dealership. We are looking for a 1st or 2nd year Apprentice Automotive Technician to focus their efforts on servicing pre-owned vehicles and joining our team.
You will play a crucial role in terms of the customer experience in conducting diagnostic procedures to determine vehicle maintenance requirements and providing accurate repair recommendations to our customers. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and be mentored, coached and trained by our experienced Journeymen, shop forepersons, and associates within the dealership.
What We Offer
- Paid vacation & Industry leading Compensation plan; Including Health and Dental Benefits
- A team full of GRIT – passion & perseverance
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, GROWING BUSINESS
- Company provided training opportunities – We INVEST in our people; we recognize that our success depends solely on YOUR SUCCESS
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform diagnostics, repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
- Test all systems or components ensuring they are secure and working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the maintenance issue.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
- Preventative maintenance as it relates to repairing or replacing worn parts.
- Follow a process to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
- Watch or inspect parts such as: hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Use power tools, equipment, machine tools and common hand tools.
- Review work orders and discuss with supervisor.
- Prepare estimate requirements.
- Inspect motor in operation, road test vehicles, and test systems and components using computerized diagnostics and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems.
- Demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment.
- Completion of dealership training during the course of your employment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 1st or 2nd year Automotive Apprentice.
- Completion of a related post-secondary program and or training courses is considered an asset.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to use computers and related technology efficiently.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to meet physical demands such as heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time and ability to use power and hand-held equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving history.
We are in pursuit of an elite team to take our publicly traded, Canadian-born and raised company, to the next level in automotive excellence. Founded in 2006, AutoCanada started with 19 dealerships managed by our head office team out of a tiny office in Edmonton. Fast forward 15 years and we currently operate 63 dealerships in eight provinces and the United States. Our once small team has grown to over 4,200 strong!
For more information about AutoCanada we invite you to visit @AutoCanada or . To join our elite team please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers Portal of our website