Jobs in Canada
Job title: Administrative Officer
Company: Government of Nunavut
Job description: As per HRM Directive 518, this employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit in Iqaluit only.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Administrative Officer (Officer) is responsible for providing administrative support service to the Human Resources Division as well as providing support to the Deputy Minister’s (DM) Office and the Policy and Consumer Affairs Division to ensure the efficient and consistent delivery to support functions. This includes preparing documents, files, briefing binders, responsibility for records management, organization of meetings, calendars and travel, correspondence, compilation of a variety of information and support in the process payments, and on occasion administrative support to other divisions within Community and Government Services as directed by the Director, Human Resources.
The Officer completes all administrative forms for review and approval, including but no limited to financial and procurement related issues, travel authorizations, ordering office supplies and employee leave. The Officer will schedule and organize meetings on behalf of the DM and Directors including booking meeting rooms and inviting/verifying participants, preparing and/or ensuring advance documentation is available and ensuring audio/visual technical supports are operating and ready.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through completion of Grade 12 and one (1) year of experience working in a general office setting performing general administrative duties. Completion of secretarial/administrative courses would be an asset.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to . Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Has closing date
Honourable Jeannie Ehaloak Minister of Community and Government Services
Jeannie Hakongak Ehaloak was elected in the general election held on October 30, 2017, to represent the constituency of Cambridge Bay in the 5th Legislative Assembly of Nunavut.
Expected salary: $63804 per year
Job date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 23:45:45 GMT
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.