Jobs in Australia
Job title: Psychologist
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including, phone, tablet and salary packaging
- Darwin location – full time
The Australian Childhood Foundation has a strong reputation for delivery of therapeutic services, professional training and secondary consultation built upon up-to-date evidence based theoretical frameworks including the neurobiology of trauma, attachment and relational theories and child development. This theoretical framework provides the foundation upon which all elements of care and intervention are provided by the Foundations Therapeutic Services.
The Psychologist will engage in a variety of clinical assessment and therapeutic intervention work with children, young people and their families who are involved in the range of programs and therapeutic services delivered by ACF.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and review holistic therapeutic plans for children/young people in collaboration with other service providers involved, including child protection, youth justice, education, out of home care, health, drug and alcohol and mental health.
- Participate in program development, implementation and review of ACF’s therapeutic services working collaboratively to contribute to the successful development and implementation and review of the services.
- Ensure that all services offered by ACF are culturally safe.
- Participate as part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking clinical assessments and trauma-informed therapeutic interventions across the range of therapeutic services delivered by ACF.
- Provide individual and/or family counselling and group work to children, young people and their families/carers.
- Establish and convene care teams for each child/young person in the program with the aim of ensuring effective planning and coordination of services, collaboration with other professionals, and a clear exchange of information.
- Provide primary consultation and support to foster or kinship carers to support placement stability.
About You – Key Selection Criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, or a related discipline.
- Eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a culturally safe manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, carers, and communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse and/or in working with traumatised children, including delivering a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions to the client group.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues in providing services to statutory clients.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and the capacity to negotiate and liaise with volunteers, including carers, Territory Families, other agencies and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
- A current Northern Territory driver’s licence or equivalent.
- A current Working with Children Check or equivalent.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary, phone, tablet, and superannuation. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Generous Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please click Apply Now and follow the prompts to apply. Or for more information about the role or a copy of the position description please contact Georgia Pattison – HR Program Manager at using the subject line: Psychologist enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Paper plane icon
Email me more jobs like this.
Ethical Jobs in cities
Expand Ethical Jobs in cities
Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Expand Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Ethical Jobs near you
Collapse Ethical Jobs near you
Expand Top Searches
Ethical Jobs Logo
Copyright © 2021 Ethicaljobs.com.au ABN 45 133 489 657 We respectfully acknowledge the Kulin Nations – the traditional owners of the place now known as Melbourne, on which our office stands. We pay respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We also recognise that no treaty was ever signed with the Kulin Nations, nor was this land ever ceded by them. We support the treaty currently being negotiated to make amends for past wrongs.
Location: Darwin, NT
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 02:27:58 GMT
For more latest jobs in Australia click here.