Jobs in Australia
Job title: Marine Coordinator
Company: Rio Tinto
Job description: Marine Coordinator
- Join a high performing and safety conscious team
- Multiple opportunities available on a permanent full time basis
- Demanding and truly rewarding role
- Enjoy the work life balance of coastal living in Karratha or FIFO
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Marine Coordinator to join our Marine team based in Cape Lambert in a residential or FIFO capacity. You will assist with the coordination of marine personnel and resources to ensure safe and efficient marine operations whilst minimising the impact on production.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well. With signature leadership training programmes, growing and developing is more than an opportunity – it is something we actively plan and make happen. Every day our leaders grow, while our rosters are designed to help you live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family.
This is a great opportunity for a highly organised individual to play a crucial role on the supply line between Rio Tinto and our customers. Reporting to the Superintendent Marine Operations and working within a supportive environment you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating marine personnel & resources to ensure safe and efficient shipping movements
- Determining the most efficient and effective daily shipping schedule and ensure marine resources are allocated appropriately.
- Supervising contract ship loading coordinators/draft surveyors to ensure ships are loaded efficiently with minimal production delays.
- Liaising with Production and Integrated Planning personnel to ensure compliance to ship loading schedules.
- Capturing relevant shipping data to ensure compliance with sales and shipping contracts and that accurate data is forwarded to Marketing for billing of customers.
- Using marine systems such as HOS Marine for scheduling, AWAC’s for weather/sea state monitoring, RDS and DUKC system to ensure cargo is maximised and safety of vessels while alongside or underway.
- Collating and preparing ship visit data including relevant delays, tonnages and associated times for invoicing and KPI monitoring purposes.
- Publishing of planned shipping activities to all concerned parties including shipping and government agents.
- Ship vetting- vetting approvals and incident reporting/rectification approval for future visits.
- Provide vessel traffic services for vessels arriving at port, including AIS monitoring and anchorage allocation.
- Marine Port emergency coordination and reporting to ensure the safety of the vessel/crew and marine infrastructure.
- Data collation and engagement with marine improvement projects to drive continuous improvement
- Information collection and collation for incident investigation and COVID control management for vessels visiting our ports.
- Helicopter scheduling and flight monitoring for the safe transit of the Marine pilots to and from the vessels.
What you’ll bring
- A WA Manual C Class driver’s license
- Supply Chain or Logistics experience is essential
- Marine Industry experience highly desirable
- Strong IT competency with the ability to use multiple systems
- A strong, self-starter work ethic with an ability to multitask
- An understanding of safety systems and a demonstrated commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders across the supply chain
- Ability to analyse data and information and translate into easily understood communications or actions.
- Collaborative, team approach to work
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Our port facilities consist of four shipping terminals located on the Pilbara coast at Dampier and Cape Lambert which form an essential part of our logistics process. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, iron ore stockpiling, product blending and ship loading.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on Friday the 24th September 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
Location: Pilbara, WA
Job date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 07:00:19 GMT
For more latest jobs in Australia click here.