Job title: It Officer At Helen Keller International
Job description: Helen Keller International – Founded in 1915, Helen Keller International is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. We currently have more than 180 programs in 21 African and Asian countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Reports: Head, Finance and Operations
- The IT Officer oversees all aspects of the country office’s information systems, working with Global IS staff to ensure network administration, hardware and application management, security, user support and administrative functions are all properly managed.
- S/He keeps the inventory of all equipment, maintains network documentation, and provides desktop support.
- This position requires a broad set of technical, planning, problem-solving and hands-on support skills.
- Especially important is the ability to work effectively in our low-resource settings that present significant infrastructure challenges, and the ability to communicate and collaborate in our multicultural environment.
- Serve as the focal point resource for IT activities within the Helen Keller project offices in Nigeria, and act as primary liaison with the IS department staff in HQ and Region to ensure that the office network is configured and maintained within the parameters established by the IT Support policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation, maintenance and updating of local area network components, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, peripherals, printers, network nodes, terminals, and wiring, in accordance with HKI standards.
- Manage the internet connectivity for the office in such a way to maximize the operation and efficiency of the office.
- Maintain the supply of network and computer equipment in the country offices and plan for and implement the routine replacement of hardware components;
- Perform routine server maintenance, event tracking and performance monitoring duties; configuration and security tasks.
- Maintain the stability and performance of the country office networks, performing quality control, troubleshooting steps and working with vendors and service providers to isolate, diagnose and resolve network problems.
PC and Application Management:
- Perform PC configurations, per HKI IS Standards
- Perform application installation, configuration, testing and upgrade tasks, per HKI IS Standards
- Ensure local defenses against malware and intrusion are adequate and maintained, recommending strategies, applications or services as necessary.
- Manage the office’s firewall and VPN, and anti-malware programs
- Ensure that data backup and recovery systems are in place and functioning, per HKI IS Standards.
- Configure and maintain the use of One Drive for Business and SharePoint for staff file management, and train staff in the proper monitoring and use of these tools.
- Provide desktop support services to office staff, performing problem identification and resolution for user problems.
- Perform an Information Systems orientation for new staff, and periodic refresher training for all staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a combination of relevant education and experience; A+ or Network+ certification preferred.
- Significant experience with network technologies, including local-area network (LAN) protocols, wide-area network (WAN) protocols, IP routing, DHCIP, DNS, TFTP, and WINS.
- Very strong Excel and database skills (Access, MySQL, SQL Server)
- Significant experience with network hardware, including routers, switches, hubs, and CSU/DSU.
- High degree of computer literacy, proficiency in IT infrastructure configuration, and demonstrated advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications required. Knowledge of other commercial database applications, including SQL, and inventory control. Experience supporting accounting packages helpful.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
- Fluency in English, including speaking, reading, and writing, with the ability to conduct business in English.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Nigeria and internationally, as needed.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as one MS Word document to: using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
- In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above.
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 01:14:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!