Job title: IP Core Network Engineer – Abuja
Company: eRecruiter Nigeria
Job description: Job Description:
Our client is a well respected broadband internet and broadband service company. They are admired for their Customer experience, Professionalism, Reliability, Flexibility, Responsiveness, Innovative products and services and Exemplary corporate citizenship.
They currently have an opening for an IP Core Network Engineer – Abuja
H N D/ B.Eng / B. TECH in Electronics/ Electrical/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Computer Science / Information Technology / Networking. Cisco Certification required: CCNP – Routing & Switching (Valid Score)
Key Skills & Experience:
The candidate shall be proficient on IP Network interfacing 4G LTE Core and access network. The candidate supports the Network team for effective operations of all entities of IP network to ensure network performance is of highest quality that meets business objectives. The candidate should possesses the following key skills and experience.
- IP network operations & maintenance
- Proven work experience as a network engineer with ISP or MNO
- Understanding of IP networking protocol and troubleshooting experience.
- Troubleshooting experience in solving IP backbone issue.
- Expertise in IP Protocol such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, TE.
- Configurational and troubleshooting knowledge of IPSec VPN, Client VPNs.
- Work experience in IPv6 (preferred)
- Experience in troubleshooting experience in Radius, Diameter & GTPc.(preferred)
- Expertise in working with Cisco core and edge routers
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensures routine preventive and corrective maintenance to improve service node uptime and network target KPIs.
- Monitors network operations and takes proactive measures.
- Responds quickly on issues affecting network traffic and services to maintain high availability.
- Performs analysis of network needs as per business projection and provide strategic inputs on network design.
- Provides root-cause analysis for any network or customer related issue and implements corrective actions. .
- Actively involved in advance network planning for network evolution to meet future challenges
- Provides expert level troubleshooting for network hardware faults, ethernet links faults, routing issues, and enterprise customer related issues.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadline.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Team Player, quick learner and adapts to change.
- Engages in development of quality talent manpower pool to improve productivity
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Thu, 06 May 2021 22:32:02 GMT