Job title: Intermodal Carrier Sales Representative
Company: Choptank Transport
Job description: Job ID: 1654
Location: Preston, Maryland
When you join Choptank Transport, you will become part of a team that keeps our country moving in all kinds of circumstances. The transportation needs of our nation vary from day to day based on seasonal demands, economic changes, and even the weather. But one thing does not change, and that is our commitment to supporting our customers and carriers so they can keep our country moving forward. The Intermodal Carrier Sales Representative will support our customers by selecting appropriate and efficient alternatives to full truck load service when it will improve service and profits on the accounts.
What does Choptank Transport DO?
We’re a third-party logistics brokerage, meaning that we are the connection between our customer’s valuable products and drivers/carriers who can transport those products. We ship just about ANYTHING that will fit on a tractor trailer/semi, all over the United States and Canada. Logistics and transportation is a $700+ BILLION industry that will only continue to grow and we want YOU to grow along with us! Don’t wait. Join us today!
What would my day look like?
- Provide outstanding customer service to your customers, carriers, and teammates
- Design and track intermodal shipments
- Onboarding new customers and carriers
- Provide your customer with competitive pricing to move their intermodal shipments
- Work quickly to resolve problems that may develop on your shipments. This is your time to think outside of the box and be the hero
We work and learn at the same time
- Don’t know the difference between RLTL and FTL? Our most successful reps didn’t either, and that’s exactly why we’ve designed our training program to teach you the fundamentals you need to start off your logistics career. Don’t just take our word for it: We’re the proud silver metal recipient of
for our Training Program * Our Training team will work with you for your first three and a half weeks to teach you about our company, our industry, and our software systems. (Paid of course)
- During your initial training, you will experience a combination of classroom education and hands on practice of the skills you learn so you are well prepared
Apply with Choptank if YOU:
- Embrace our core values: COMMIT, ADAPT, SUCCEED, GROW
- Thrive in a high demand environment with goals (hitting those goals = $$ BONUSES)
- Want to be the BEST at providing top notch customer service while growing your book of business
- Want a meaningful career and not just a job
- PREFERRED: Bachelor’s or Associates degree
- REQUIRED: High school diploma or GED
- Experience with rail/intermodal shipping
Choptank Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunities. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Choptank Transport is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believes that diverse teams build stronger companies. YOU, as an individual, matter!
If you need assistance completing your application, please email .
- First year starting base salary of $39,000 PLUS monthly incentives
- Thanks to our incentive package, first year compensation averages between $43,000 and $50,000 with room to grow beyond.
- Robust benefits options to choose from:
- Generous Paid time off (PTO)
- Three health insurance plans options to choose from, all of which include prescription drug coverage
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with a company contribution
- Flex spending Accounts (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flex Spending
- Dental and Vision
- Basic Life Insurance and Suplemental Life Insuarnce
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- 401k with a company match
- Student loan pay-down program (Yes, you read that correctly!)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- FREE PARKING
- Award winning training-If you are new to the industry or customer service, that is okay. Our most successful people were when they started too, and that is why we designed our customer service training program. It is so good that we are the proud winner of Workforce’s Optimas Award
- We WANT you to advance and provide clear career paths and development programs to help you reach your goals. 95% of our management team has been promoted from within.
- Casual dress code and a Cool culture! Voted 2018, 2019, & 2020 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation and 2018, 2019, 2020, & 2021 Winner of 50 Best Companies to Sell For
Expected salary: $39000 per year
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.