Job title: Instrument and Commissioning Technician
Company: PlanET Biogas USA Inc
Job description: PlanET Biogas Group is a world leader in the biogas industry with over 20 years of experience in the design and construction of anaerobic digestion technology. With more than 550 successfully installed plants worldwide, PlanET is a major player in the global biogas industry. PlanET has more than 250 employees worldwide based in Germany, Netherlands, France, the UK, USA and Canada. PlanET’s portfolio covers all areas of biogas technology including Aerobic Digestors and RNG systems from initial planning, design, construction to on-site service and remote support.
For the continued expansion of its North American operations, PlanET is looking for Instrument and Commissioning Technician to join our team. Reporting to the Process Controls Manager, the selected candidate will be expected to handle all aspects of technical assistance pre-construction and construction oversight during construction.
- Ensure that safety of PlanET employees, PlanET subcontractors, and customers is paramount by implementation of PlanET Safety Program rules.
- Manage projects to completion in adherence to the contracts to ensure no negative financial impacts to the company.
- Oversee and coordinate the static and dynamic commissioning process with the customer and contractors.
- Duties include installing, inspecting, maintaining, operating, troubleshooting, repairing, and calibrating various mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic equipment.
- Completing all appropriate documentation associated with the commissioning duties.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on pumps, compressors, drivers, and auxiliary equipment.
- Performs Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) checks on all control systems.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide insight and knowledge to local third-party construction companies on the means of proper installation of PlanET’s proprietary technology.
- Maintain a punch list of deficiencies and ensure all deficiency items are closed out in proper and timely manner.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Stay up to date on Operations Qualifications and required training.
- Assist with growing our service division. May be required to be in the field to conduct service maintenance at existing customers.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents itself.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of National Electric Codes
- Proficient with electronic test instruments
- Knowledge of process controls and gas processing fundamentals
- Knowledge and experience reading and interpreting electrical and mechanical blueprints and diagrams
- Knowledge and experience applying and interpreting results from common electrical measurement instruments (voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in commissioning a large-scale project preferred.
- Strong organization skills and ability to adhere to tight timelines
- Frequent travel of up to 2 weeks required for the duration of each project.
- Results driven with strong communication and organizational skills.
- A self-starter and an independent worker
- Ability to speak, read, and write German would be an asset.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products
- Must have valid driver’s license and have the ability to work in Canada and the United States
- This job operates both indoors and outdoors in areas that are not environmentally controlled. This job may be exposed to weather or under cover and in close physical proximity with others.
- Exposure to hazardous conditions and equipment.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hours a day.
- Spend time bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pulling, pushing, lifting, grasping, or twisting the body.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Expected salary: $70000 per year
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.
Leave a Reply