INEC Recruitment 2020
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country. Kindly go through this post for more information about INEC Recruitment News 2020 (www.inecnigeria.org) and also how to apply.
INEC Edo State Recruitment 2020
INEC has said it would deploy no fewer than 20,000 ad-hoc staff for the conduct of the forthcoming Edo governorship election scheduled for September 19.
Note also that the INEC Edo State recruitment of the 20, 000 ad-hoc staff would be done through INEC’s portal which has been opened.
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members serving in the state would also constitute a larger percentage of the number. The remaining number would therefore be selected from the INEC ad-hoc recruitment portal.
INEC Recruitment General Requirements
In addition, an applicant must:
- Be a Nigerian Citizen;
- Present a Certificate of State of Origin Signed by the Chairman! Secretary of his/her Local Government. A Certificate of endorsement by Liaison Officers is not acceptable;
- Be computer literate;
- Be Certified by Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the Commission;
- Not be above 35 years of age.
- Understanding as many local languages will be an added advantage.
- Your affiliation to any political party must remain your personal decision and your neutrality public so you can do your Job without bias!
Key Points to Note on INEC Recruitment
Please take note of these key points when applying for INEC Recruitment 2020.
- Have all the necessary credentials
- Scan and Upload your Credentials on www.inecrecruitment.com
- INEC Shortlisted Candidates will be published shortly after
- Don’t pay anyone who claims he can help you get a Job in INEC
- The application process is free of charge
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the next phase of the recruitment
INEC Officials Duties
The duties of INEC officials include;
- Organize, undertake and supervise all elections to the offices of the President and Vice-President, the Governor and Deputy Governor of a State, and to the membership of the Senate, the House of Representatives and the House of Assembly of each state of the federation.
- Register political parties in accordance with the provisions of the constitution and Act of the National Assembly
- Monitor the organization and operation of the political parties, including their finances; conventions, congresses and party primaries.
- Arrange for the annual examination and auditing of the funds and accounts of political parties, and publish a report on such examination and audit for public information.
- Conduct voter and civic education.
INEC Salary Structure
|Job Role||Employment/Grade Level||Annual Salary|
|Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) at INEC||GL 10 – 14||₦1,060,833 – ₦2,101,600|
|Presiding officer (PO) / Assistant Presiding officer (APO)||GL 07||₦638,133 – ₦961,577|
|Registration Area Center (RAC) Manager||GL 07||₦638,133 – ₦961,577|
|Registration Area Technical Support (RATECH)||GL 07||₦638,133 – ₦961,577|
INEC Salary Structure Based On Qualifications
|Qualifications||Salary Grade Level (SGL)||Annual Salary Range|
|School Leavers||04||₦376,194 – ₦497,000|
|Diploma Certificate Holders||07||₦638,133 – ₦961,577|
|Graduates||08||₦799,421 – ₦1,174,395|
|Directors||14||₦1,503,149 – ₦2,101,600|
INEC Payment for Election Officers
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) standard payment for election officers such as Presiding officers /Assistant presiding officers is shown below:
|Feeding||₦1,000.00 @ ₦500.00 per day|
|Transport to LGA||₦3,000.00 per person|
|TRAINING||Training Allowance||₦3,000.00 @ ₦1,000.00 per Day|
How to Apply for INEC Recruitment 2020
You don’t need any individual to process your INEC recruitment for you. You can get this done yourself by the listed steps. Don’t Pay anyone cash or otherwise for INEC jobs in Nigeria.
- All applications for INEC Recruitment 2020 must be done on the official portal located here.
- Fill in your desired details where applicable
- Submit your application once filled.
- We all have a right to affiliate with a particular political party. However, working with the Electoral Commission debits that you keep your neutrality so as to better function.
Independent National Electoral Commission Staff Welfare
Employee welfare entails everything from services, facilities and benefits that are provided or done by an employer for the comfort of an employee. It is undertaken in order to motivate employees and raise the productivity levels.
In many cases, the employee welfare comes in monetary form, but it doesn’t always work that way all the time. Other form of employee welfare include housing, health, insurance, transportation etc. Employers may also cater for the welfare of the employees by monitoring their working environment.
INEC staff welfare includes;
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) staff members basically enjoy benefits that other civil servant enjoy. One of the benefits that they enjoy is accommodation, the body makes sure that members get accommodation allowance. Most times this allowance is mostly available to senior officials.
Considering the nature of their job, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) provides its staff members’ with transport allowance. Official cars are issued to its members to ensure smooth performance of their task and aid comfort of staff members. INEC provides transport allowance of ₦3000 for election officers at ₦1000 per day during the election period.
The health of its members is also a priority to the commission. Provisions are made to cater for the medical need of staff members. Health measures are put in place to ensure that staff members are healthy enough to carry out duties.
The Independent National Electoral Commission ensures that staff members participate in the national public service pension scheme. The scheme ensures that staff members get a percent of their annual salary at the end of the month. The pension pay is highly dependent on the years of employment.
The Independent National Electoral Commission ensures that outstanding employees are rewarded and promoted. A promotion in office for a staff member means an increment in salary and improved general benefits. According to report released by INEC in 2018, a total of 847 junior staff and 1,362 senior staff were promoted after passing the examinations.
Promotion is a big part of INEC benefit package to outstanding staff members.
Like other government bodies, INEC runs a cooperative society that boost staff member’s financial status and ability. The cooperative stands as a body that coordinate individuals to in organizing a pool of private fund for staff members.
INEC offer staff members training opportunity to help them perform their task better. Their directors also go for different trainings from time to time. INEC also undertakes the responsibility of conducting in-house training for new members, election officers and ad-hoc staff members.
Getting a job in INEC could be great and fulfilling, but knowing the salary structure of the job you are about to undertake is key. Knowing and comparing INEC salary structure with other government parastatals can be a great way for you to discover your worth and know what it really feels like working with INEC.
Is INEC Recruitment form 2020 out?
No the INEC form for recruitment is not out yet. Application for INEC recruitment 2020 closed March 8 2020, the registration had been on for quite some weeks now, at first it was to close earlier this month but then they added extension because of that many more people have been able to apply.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has also reacted to the circulation of letters of employment. The commission, in a terse statement posted on its verified Twitter page, warned Nigerians to be careful, adding that it was currently not conducting any recruitment exercise.
The commission described the letters making the rounds as a scam and advised affected members of the public to report to security agencies.
“Members of the public are hereby advised/warned that the commission suspended its recruitment programme in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic,” the statement added.
Meanwhile, INEC has announced that elections in Edo and Ondo States would still take place despite the coronavirus pandemic.
Above all, always visit passmaga.com to get the latest update about INEC Recruitment Form. In case you don’t like to work in the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), you can also check our career post on the Federal Fire Service Recruitment. Others include, Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment, Nigeria Police Recruitment, Nigerian Air Force Recruitment, and the Nigerian Navy Recruitment to mention but a few. Also check this ongoing Nigerian Army Recruitment, Amotekun Recruitment and NSCDC Recruitment now.