Job title: Independent National Electoral Commission (inec) Recruitment For Observers
Job description: The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
Applications are invited for:
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) hereby invites registered Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other interested stakeholders whose work is on democracy, governance and election and who wish to observe the Anambra State Governorship election scheduled to hold 6th November, 2021.
- Without prejudice to any previous correspondences with the Commission, completion of the prescribed application Form (EC 14A(1)) remains the only acceptable means of applying.
- Accordingly, interested observer groups are invited to complete the relevant application form (EC 14A(1) and submit same online along with other necessary documents (including evidence of past election observation) towards assessment of this applications.
- Intending observer groups should note that all necessary support documents, including legal status, evidence of registration with the Civil Society Desk at INEC Headquarters, Abuja among others are to uploaded along with the online application.
- Any falsification of documents in the submissions will lead to automatic disqualification and possible prosecution.
Accreditation of Successful Observer Groups
- The list of successful observer groups approved for accreditation will subsequently be published in National Newspapers and on the Commission’s website.
- Each successful group would then be required to complete and submit online the Deployment of Observers Form (EC 14A(1)) .
- The successful Observer groups are expected to upload the passport photographs (in JPEG format) of their members to be deployed according to the Local Government Area of deployment. While filling the deployment form (EC 14A(1)). The Commission shall subsequently process accreditation / identification tags in accordance with the LGA deployment.
- The successful observer groups will also be required to sign the Commission’s indemnity form before receiving their accreditation credentials.
Notes on Election Observation Exercise
- Observer groups should note that the core principle of election observation as contained in relevant UN, AU and ECOWAS treaties and protocols, as well as INEC Guidelines on Election Observation (2018), which includes impartiality, objectivity and non-partisanship should guide conduct of observers during the election and any observer groups found to compromise those principles would be banned from future participation in election observation.
- In accordance with the prevailing circumstance in the country, accredited observer groups are expected to comply with all the regulations and protocols on COVID-19 as issued by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, and INEC policy on conducting elections in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic which requires provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as face masks, hand gloves and hand sanitizers, as well as maintenance of social distance by all field observers on election day.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates / Group (Observer) should:
Electronic Application Guideline
- Before completing this electronic form (EC 14A(1)), kindly note the following;
- That this platform is only for Observer Groups / Organisations and NOT individual observers.
- That you are to obtain and read a copy of the advert before proceeding with completion of the form
- That this is an online application platform and it is different from the manual method in previous elections
- That copies of relevant attachments (CAC registration, INEC CSO, past accreditation letters, reports etc.) should be ready in PDF for upload along with the form.
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 07:34:39 GMT