Link NIN To MTN, Airtel, Glo & 9mobile
Table of Contents
MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile which are the major mobile phone networks in Nigeria has released easy and quick steps for subscribers to use and link their National Identification Number (NIN) to their phone numbers. These are as a result of the earlier directive from Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) to suspend the sale or registration of a new subscriber identity module (SIM) cards by telecoms operators. The federal government directed mobile network operators to update their customers’ registrations with the National Identity Number (NIN), saying numbers without the update would be blocked by January 2021.
NCC gave two weeks deadline till December 30, 2020 for telecommunication operators to block all customers that refused to register or link their SIM cards with the National Identification Numbers. Although, this deadline has recently been extended to January 19, 2021 for subscribers with NIN, and February 9, 2021 for subscribers without NIN.
In this article, we will show you how to link NIN with your MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile phone numbers. Meanwhile, you can also see details of glo data plan, mtn data plan, 9mobile data plans, airtel double data, airtel free browsing and glo data plan subscription codes.
How To Check Your NIN
You can check your National Identification Number (NIN) just by dialing USSD code on your phone.
To Nigerians to retrieve your NIN number dial *346#.
This USSD code can be used by customers of MTN, Airtel, 9mobile and Glo network.
In a new development, the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy has ordered all network providers to cancel the ₦20 charge for the retrieval of NIN with immediate effect.
The Commission said this is to make the process to be easier and affordable.
This means that all Nigerians can check their NIN using *346# USSD code for free.
Requirements for NIN Registration with Phone Number
- Mobile Number
- Full Name
- NIN Number (Dial *346# To Check your NIN)
- Email Address
- Date of birth.
How To Link NIN To MTN Number Via Online
- Visit https://mtnonline.com/nin/
- Fill in your full name
- Enter your MTN Mobile Number
- Enter your NIN
- Type in your email address
- Click SUBMIT
How To Link NIN To MTN Number Using USSD Code
- Dial *785# and send
- Press Reply or Answer
- Enter your 11 digits NIN, then send
How To Link NIN To Glo Number Via Online
- Visit https://www.gloworld.com/ng/nin/
- Enter your Glo Mobile Number
- Fill in your First Name
- Enter your Last Name (Surname)
- Type your Middle Name ( this is optional)
- Enter you Phone Number
- Input your National Identity Number (NIN)
- Fill in your Email Address
- Type in any two digits numbers for verification. For example 12
- Click Submit button
How To Link NIN To GLO Number
- Open your SMS App
- Type UpdateNIN [space] NIN [space] First name [space] Last Name. For example, UpdateNIN 12345678901 Chris Okeke
- Send to 109
How To Link NIN To Airtel Number Via Online
- Visit https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin/
- Enter your Airtel Mobile Number
- Enter the One-Time Passcode (OTP) numbers that will be sent to you via SMS
- Click PROCEED and fill the rest.
How To Link NIN To Airtel Number Using USSD Code
- Dial *121*1#
- Enter your 11 digit NIN
- Press Ok or Send
How To Link NIN To 9mobile / Etisalat Number via Online
- Go to https://9mobile.com.ng/nin
- Click on “Verify and Link your NIN now” button
- Enter your mobile number and click Next
- Enter the One-Time Passcode (OTP) 6 digit numbers you will receive in SMS
- Click Next
- Enter your valid NIN or Phone Number registered with your NIN
- Position your face front camera and Click Capture Photo
- Click Next and fill the rest
How To Link NIN To 9mobile / Etisalat Number Using USSD Code
- Dial *200*8#
- Reply and type 2
- Enter 1* your 11 digit NIN#. For example, 1*12345678901#
If you find this post useful, please endeavour to share it using the social media buttons below and drop your comments too. Thank you so much as you do so.