Job title: Head – Internal Audit At Alan & Grant
Job description: Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head – Internal Audit
Employment Type: Full Time
- The purpose of this role is for the job holder to have overall responsibility for the Internal Audit function.
- The position is responsible for ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across the company and financial operations.
- Works to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimizing the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiatives by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting and development, and audit technology.
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the report are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Provide regular updates on the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the management of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and internal control best practices.
- Proactively inform management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Update/develop process documentation to support management’s SOX assessment and Model Audit Rule compliance.
- Lead scoping efforts for management’s SOX assessment and create report on final assessment of internal controls over financial reporting for the fiscal year-end for management’s review.
- Perform Internal controls assessments of acquired companies or joint venture companies and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies.
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues.
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
- Provide support in attracting, hiring, and retaining a team of high-performing audit professionals who possess outstanding knowledge, experience, ethics, and integrity.
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information technology department as needed.
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related field.
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Chartered Accountant (ICAN) is required
- Minimum of 8 or more years experience in auditing or accounting; 4 years in a Management role
- Having professional certification from any of CIPMN, HRCI, CIPD or SHRM.
- MBA/MSc in Business or any related discipline is an added advantage.
- Highly proficient in MS office suites and Data tools.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Excellent creativity and coaching skills
- Great Leadership & Communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Job date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 23:06:30 GMT