Job title: Base administrator
Job description: COOPI is looking for a Base Administrator in Yobe State, Nigeria
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin. COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict.
COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education. COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe State but we are also present in Borno state.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a highly qualified Country Administrator with overall responsibility for supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of COOPI financial and administrative operations in Jobe state, in Damaturu.
- Ensures the correct management of the safes and the project’s bank accounts, by directly managing or by regularly controlling the project accountant, if available;
- Ensures the correct project accountancy and all accountancy documents filing, by monitoring the accountants or by directly performing the accountancy, in case there was no accountant;
- Verifies the correct administrative management of the projects (contracts, goods and services purchase, calls for tenders etc.) in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures (EU and others );
- Ensures the correct filing of all project’s administrative documents;
- Monitors expenses in accordance with the budget, and provides the accountancy data to the PM so as to allow him to monitor and plan the expenditures and to request funds;
- Supports the elaboration of contract modifications (including the budget), and in the preparation of all necessary projects documents;
- Contributes to the development of the project’s financial planning;
- Prepares the intermediate and final financial reports for the projects under his responsibility;
- Supports in budget preparation as well as proposals development.
- Plans the work, supervises, and collaborates to train the staff of the project’s accounting-administrative area upon request by the Head of Mission;
- Upon request, collaborates to staff evaluation activities;
- Is the focal point of the complaint mechanism and the code of conduct.
- Provides technical oversight to the procurement process;
- Ensures that proper supply chain management procedures are in place and that standard logistics and related administrative systems are established and implemented within COOPI country programme.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role within an international NGO, donor or multilateral agency;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in large organizations;
- Substantial experience working with INGO’s, UN agencies and networking and negotiating with authorities;
- Very strong financial analysis skills and an extensive practical experience working with financial tools, highly proficient with excel such as using pivot table, developing macros, etc.;
- Experience with capacity building of national staff;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to motivate and guide staff working in a complex conflict environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective team and external relations;
- Good analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment.
- Previous experience in an African context, preferably in Nigeria.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Government Jobs click here.