Job title: Accountant at Salpha Energy
Company: Salpha Energy
Job description: Lagos
Date Posted: 2022-02-11
- Salpha Energy is a renewable energy company determined to provide affordable solar solutions for everyone. We are addressing the huge market need for energy by enabling people harness the infinite source of light that freely accessible to everyone. Innovations in renewable technology afford us the opportunity to place power back in the hands of people, through innovative and quality conscious products that are built to last for outdoor campaign, entrepreneurial activities, rural settlements or disaster relief.
- Gather and monitor financial data like sales revenues and liabilities
- Prepare annual budgets for the company and also collate/monitor departmental budgets
- Ensure that all financial records are updated containing both stock and inventory
- Reconciling and balancing all financial records
- Disbursing funds necessary for office operations eg., transport and office supplies
- Liaise with the sales department to reconcile stock and products supplied.
- Track supplied products, take stock count and advise on depleting and marketable stock
- Create unit cost for all products, already existing or new products.
- Track and confirm payments from customers and any other bank activity
- Create well detailed financial reports for management and for audit purposes
- Monitor and report on any account discrepancies
- Disburse payments approved by management for any benefits of all staff
- Conduct detailed risk analysis to assess potential investment opportunities and advise management on risks
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Perform internal audit to substantiate financial statements and transactions
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 2 – 4 years relevant work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software use and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Experience with accounting software is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suites.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Government Jobs click here.