Job title: General Ledger Controller
Job description: Our client, a healthcare provider, is hiring for the position of GL Controller.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 6 years
- Regular review of entity chart of accounts for accuracy, adequacy, and alignment with group directives.
- Review of draft trial balance for reasonableness, investigation of unusual entries, and correction of wrong entries and omissions.
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule of provisions and accruals covering all present unsettled business obligations (including tax where necessary) and keep appropriate documentation.
- Ensure transactions are promptly and accurately posted in the transactional systems.
- Manage General ledger and Subsidiary Ledger reconciliations (including bank, debtors, inventory, creditors, fixed assets, and intercompany accounts).
- Effectively partner with Supply Chain Unit to ensure the business maintains the desired level of inventory across all store locations in a cost-efficient manner and at optimized investment levels.
- Drive active measures to reduce losses, damages, and misappropriation of inventory.
- Collect, consolidate, and report at regular intervals on critical inventory-related indices such as quantity, age, and status of inventory items with actionable recommendations.
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain team to conduct monthly inventory counts and prepare reconciliation schedules; partner effectively with all stakeholders to investigate and resolve variances and pass adjustments where required.
- Conduct inventory impairment reviews with sufficient regularity (incorporating inputs from management) to ensure accuracy of the carrying amounts reflected in the financials.
- Periodic revaluation of foreign currency denominated monetary items and booking of P&L effects in line with acceptable standards.
- Act as the key contact person for all audits, coordinating requests from auditors, submission, and retrieval of documents; attend to all audit queries within primary area of responsibility.
- Maintain up-to-date fixed assets register with appropriate classifications and to the level of detail required for the provision of insightful analysis and reporting.
- Ensure asset creation, transfers, and disposals follow relevant local and group guidelines, and that all movements are appropriately captured and reported in the period-end analysis.
- Ensure all charges/losses/gains relating to depreciation, impairment, and disposals are recorded in line with prevailing accounting standards.
- Maintain project control statement covering all ongoing projects, highlighting on a periodic basis, budget-spend variances, and ensuring significant overspends are flagged and addressed.
- Ensure all asset acquisitions receive appropriate approvals and are in line with the budget; track and maintain all documentation required for CAFA (Capital allowance claims) and liaise with consultants to ensure all qualifying capital expenditure is included in the annual CAFA returns.
- Co-ordinate and lead triennial fixed assets tagging and verification exercise, highlighting, investigating, and resolving any differences between physically identified assets and the fixed assets register.
- Liaise with the FC/CFO and 3rd party insurers to ensure all ongoing projects and assets have appropriate insurance covers and that all significant risks of asset loss are effectively mitigated.
- Coordinate period-end closings, effective management of cutovers, and maintenance of accounting periods in the transactional system.
Relationship Management & Other Tasks:
- Relate with various departmental heads & staff to obtain relevant data & info.
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited and as may be directed by management.
Education, Technical Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any numerate discipline
- Qualified Accountant, 6 years experience in Finance or accounting-related function
- Membership of professional bodies, ACA, ACCA, CITN
- Practical knowledge of financial accounting principles and associated standards
- Strong ERP exposure (appreciation of back-end setups and how they impact outcome)
- Strong MS office working knowledge especially MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and capable of working in a complex and challenging environment.
- Proven ability to design and effectively operate financial controls.
- Very good communication and influence at all levels of management
- Experience in implementation of shared service structure for accounting operations
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team.
Other Behavioural Attributes:
- Open-minded and able to work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to frame issues and define practical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate across the board within and outside the organization. ∙ Thoroughness and attention to detail
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Job date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 02:50:48 GMT