Job title: Front Desk Executive / Administrative Officer At Le Treda
Job description: Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Controller – Process Automation
Requisition ID: 0072N2
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation (PA) business unit for an experienced Project Controller to join our Finance team, operating as part of the North Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa cluster (NESSA) team.
- This role will be instrumental in the monitoring and review of major projects in our Nigeria entity, as well as review of major service contracts.
- The position will report to EURA project controller and will operate as part of the NESSA cluster Finance team.
- Deep knowledge of project accounting is essential; the ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate sound accounting knowledge whilst also showing commercial awareness.
- Working with the Project Managers and the wider team the successful candidate will be expected to contribute towards the development of a compelling vision and then deliver that vision to inspire and motivate the projects team to drive the business forward to achieve our goals. Combining these qualities with a demonstrable strong and disciplined business acumen.
- Amongst many factors, success will be dependent on having a sharp eye for detail and the tenacity required to succeed.
- As an experienced Accounting professional, this position will be the focal point of Schneider Electric Process Automation’s Project Accounting across a wide range of industry sectors including oil and gas, pharmaceutical, power and nuclear, food and beverage as well as water and utilities, automotive and energy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out the full lifecycle of Projects and SLA’s within the Nigerian business:
- Full review of project set up and analysis of costs to agree release of project to live status.
- Continual monthly reviews of all projects in Nigeria, looking at opportunities, risk, forecasting, status and any other important information.
- Once the project has been completed, carry out a thorough review to ensure closure can be completed.
- Similar to projects, for SLA’s a thorough monthly review needs to take place to ensure that any issues / opportunities are known about.
- Produce the monthly backlog file, to track revenue and costs for all projects/SLA’s in Nigeria. This will aid the FP&A controller in the production of the forecast.
- Produce the monthly schedules, Factory load, Segmentation, Imminent loss
- Continuous monitoring of gross margin changes (both positive and negative) to track the overall improvement being created by the projects team.
- Act as the key interface between Finance and the wider business to ensure accuracy of reporting and early disclosure of any issues (positive or negative).
- Look at continual process improvement, to ensure efficiency in the way both Finance and the Projects teamwork.
- Assist the FP&A Controller with any aspects of month end or the forecast as required.
- Maintain and build upon the good business relationships already held within the hub.
- Assist the Financial Accountant with any external/internal audit queries as required.
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience.
- Strong project accounting background, with understanding of POC accounting.
- SAP experience preferred
- Willingness to travel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:59:00 GMT