Job title: Financial Controller
Job description: Job Description:
A hyper growth ‘Challenger Bank’ is looking for a Financial Controller to add to their team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers.
As their Financial Controller, you will be ultimately responsible for the overall financial stability of the business and will oversee all aspects of their financial operations. This includes developing accounting processes, systems and controls to support our clients existing business. In true hypergrowth style our client has experienced a massive influx in customers since March 2020, hence the need for more formal processes and procedures to be in place.
The Financial Controller will lead from the front in terms of financial planning, implementation and management of finance processes and controls and will ideally come from a background working in banking or FinTech with a deep understanding of technology and financial services. Reporting directly into the CEO this is a chance for you to join a bank that actually works for the customer, a close knit and collaborative team in a flat organisational structure where even the most junior person has a voice.
● Oversee a system of robust internal controls over daily finance processes (including revenue & cost monitoring, merchant settlements, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, daily cash movements, payroll and employee benefits)
● Manage the budgeting process and general long-term financial planning (including cash flow forecasting)
● Coordinate financial reporting efforts to ensure timely and accurate production of monthly financial results across all entities in
● Liaise with external Auditors for annual financial audits and preparation of consolidated financial statements
● Build their treasury operations as they expand to new countries and add new currencies – this includes minimising risk from
currency devaluations via hedging etc
● Support compliance team to ensure they conform with regulatory requirements
● Ensure all tax filings across all jurisdictions are met
● Recruit, manage and develop a strong performance-oriented finance organisation, capable of supporting their growth
● Build relationships with existing and prospective bank partners to optimise processing costs and financing facilities (including
● Ensure all statutory entities VAT/Corporate Tax/PAYE/WHT accounts are reconciled
● Automate existing & future finance team tools to minimise manual updating & inputs to dramatically increase team efficiency
e.g. by converting existing Excel tools (where possible) to the best platform or system for the job at hand
Mandatory Requirements / Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in accounting or finance
● Qualified accountant (e.g. CFA, CPA etc).
● 8+ years of relevant experience in a senior accounting or finance position in a technology or regulated company environment
● Mastery of US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
● Experience managing finance and accounting functions in addition to collaborating with engineering teams
● Goal-oriented leader, capable of working with small teams in a fast-moving environment
● Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
● Experience in driving P&L performance improvements (e.g. closing gaps vs target) whilst holding others accountable
(particularly peers and senior leadership)
● Experience in managing tax
Job date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 07:23:58 GMT