Job title: Field Service Engineer (Steam Turbines) – NMES, UAE
Job description: To support and assist the end to end outage management for the assigned plant, with an aim to provide cost effective and high-quality services to improve long term asset reliability, whilst ensuring overall cost efficiencies, optimization of resources and client satisfaction.
- Assist the Project Manager in planning the outage management strategy, scope of work resources needed, local manpower requirements, spare part requirements, QA plan etc., for an assigned project, well in advance (up to 18 months ahead,) to ensure a thorough and robust plan is developed, considering all possible aspects that might impact the execution.
- Assist in conducting a pre-outage study by understanding and studying the technical details of the equipment including the history of the equipment, recommendations of the OEM, layout, interconnections with other equipment, root cause of failure, operating conditions etc., to ensure the planning and execution is accurate.
- Assist in the end to end execution of the outage by monitoring daily progress against the plan, and managing key stakeholders / service providers to ensure the work is completed as per the work control procedures, HSSE and quality standards.
- Arrange the issuance of spare parts, consumables, tools, work authorizations/ necessary permits etc., to ensure all the required regulatory and safety permits are issued prior to the start of the execution.
- Update the schedule daily, based on the of progress, plant condition and adjustment required by different work units and contractors, to ensure timely completion as per the plan.
- Attend the daily outage coordination meetings with the stakeholders, to ensure robust planning and execution and timely escalation and resolution of issues.
- Develop daily and weekly management reports highlighting performance against the objectives, to ensure the management / stakeholders are aware of the execution of the outage and any escalated issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Arrange the quality control inspections according to quality plan and acceptance of the equipment, to ensure the inspections are carried out as per the requirements.
- Assist and ensure the final calibration and checking by Maintenance, Operation and Technical teams to ensure client satisfaction and final acceptance as per the authority matrix.
Post Execution Reporting
- Assist in developing the final outage report including the entire process of outage preparation, execution, jobs statistics, scope of work, comparison of planned verses achieved outage goals and critical milestones, major problems encountered & corrective actions taken, good practices and lessons learned, to ensure it is used as a means for continuous improvement.
- Act as a centre of expertise of a particular type of critical equipment (Gas Turbines / Steam Turbines etc.,), sharing technical know-how with the team, providing technical insights and best practices and having technical discussions with vendors and clients to ensure their knowledge is leveraged for the best interest of the organisation.
- Keep abreast of the latest technological innovations, new equipment design and functionality and leading practices in the field and evaluate their relevance and usage from NOMAC’s perspective.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Adhere to all relevant organisational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
Health, Safety, Security and Environment
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed
Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelor degree holder in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience in Operations and Maintenance of large Power Plants
- Engineering/Outage Execution experience with OEM is plus
- Experience of managing at least 1 outage of Steam/Gas Turbines
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 06:09:04 GMT