Job title: Female School Hostel Parent At An Islamic Faith-based School
Job description: A reputable Islamic Faith-based School is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female School Hostel Parent
Location: Kubwa, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Hostel Parent is responsible for attending to the day-to-day operation of the Boarding House (particularly the Female Hostel).
- The Hostel Parent is to provide a safe, caring boarding environment that enriches the lives of the students in the care of the school.
- To prioritize the safeguarding, welfare and health and safety of students above all other duties and be familiar with statutory safeguarding and the School’s Child Protection Policy.
- Under the guidance of boarding management, implement procedures in the boarding house and proactively evaluate and improve standards of welfare support for students on various levels.
- Be a visible presence in the boarding house by engaging with the students, checking the state of the student rooms, and getting to know the students on a personal level.
- Assist the Boarding House Housekeeper to keep the Boarding House clean and tidy.
- Encourage cleanliness in the Boarding House, including the lounge, kitchen bathrooms and bedrooms, and perform frequent room checks.
- Monitor stress levels, sleep habits, homesickness and other student concerns, spending informal time with the students.
- Enforce rules and expectations, and follow through with disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provide the Boarding House Supervisor with regular updates on student behavior.
- Follow up on student illness with the Boarding House Supervisor, Nurse and parents when necessary.
- Provide students with a structured, supportive environment.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of students at all times.
- Remain in the Boarding House for as long as there are students.
- Help with student arrivals, student induction and departures when required
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Boarding House Supervisor
- A relevant Degree Qualification (with a background in Guidance & Counselling or Psychology)
- At least 1 year experiencein a similar role is a must.
- Ability to work with, care for and supervise young people
- High levels of energy, an even temper and a sense of humour
- Confidence in spoken and written English
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work as a team member and lead by example
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and reliable
- Must not be older than 27 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 04:01:32 GMT