Job title: Feedback and Compliant Mechanism Officer
Company: Action Against Hunger
Job description: About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Feedback and Compliant Mechanism Officer who will be responsible for coordinating the behaviour change component and activities of the Jigawa Maternal and Child Cash Grant programme.
Proposed Start date: September 2021
Location: Dutse, Jigawa State
Direct Line Manager: Meal Manager
Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 260, 244 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Provide support to the review and development of feedback mechanism systems and tools, in collaboration with M&E DPM and coordination teams for MCCT.
- Communicate and disseminate complaints handling procedures, policies and tools as appropriate to beneficiaries, project staff and other stakeholders.
- Train relevant staff to carry out regular community feedback functions, ensuring that all SOPs and core policies are respected.
- Build staff awareness and commitment to a complaints mechanism.
- Ensure regular maintenance of complaints and feedback database/information system, and ensure information is shared on a regular basis.
- Create and submit monthly dashboards specific to program/project cases. The dashboards should represent the numbers and types of cases received, numbers and types of referrals if any. The numbers should be segregated by area, and progress status of the call.
- Accurately refer cases internally within the departments of the ministry with the support of the Director – following the standard operating procedures set for the referral system within the state.
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the programs/projects. Ensure all documents and actions taken are documented, and feedback is given back to the caller.
- Degree in management, social research, development studies or a related field .
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in developing and maintaining accountability and learning activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Fluency in English and local languages especially Hausa and Kanuri (both written and spoken skills)
- Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards
- Experience of carrying out design and implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience of developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for cash transfer programme.
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Excellent computer skills especially developing databases
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing
- Commitment to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER mission, values and policy
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
The deadline for this position is Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: 260244 per month
Location: Dutse, Jigawa State
Job date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 06:23:44 GMT