Job title: Quantity Surveying Assistant
Company: The Place
Job description: Company Description
The Place – We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are a profitable player in the QSR sector of the Hospitality industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of over 1000 employees. Currently, our operations span across 36 locations in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
We are searching for a reliable Entry level quantity surveying Assistant to join our capable team of professionals at The Place Restaurant. The quantity surveying Assistant will be tasked with analyzing existing budgets and making improvements, reviewing plans and preparing quantity estimates, negotiating with various contractors and vendors, as well as building relationships with clients and site managers.
To be successful as a quantity surveying Assistant, you should have a methodical approach and superb interpersonal skills. Outstanding quantity surveyors are not only great at analyzing costs, but they also know how to read people and tailor their negotiation strategies to ensure the best possible outcome.
You should also have a sound knowledge of:
- Taking-Off Quantities
- Tender documentation
- Site measurement and Valuations
- Cost Estimating/Building up rates/Market Surveying
- Ability to Read and interpret Architectural, Structural and Services Drawings
- Construction site -hands on experience is an added advantage.
Skills: Must be proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Autocad. Sound communication and documentation skill.
Age: Not older than 30years
Must be willing to temporarily or permanently relocate to work outside Lagos.
A Team player with the capacity to work under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in quantity surveying from a top Polytechnic or University with a minimum of Upper Credit/Second class Upper
- 0 to 3 years of Post NYSC experience is advantageous.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Great networking abilities.
Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. If you meet the above criteria please send your Curriculum Vitae not later than 2Weeks to the date of this publication.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 22:14:07 GMT
For more latest Education Jobs click here.