Job title: Evaluation Specialist, Agribusiness Performance Evaluation, Nigeria
Company: Social Impact
Job description: Evaluation Specialist, Agribusiness Performance Evaluation, Nigeria
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Nigeria, SI supports Navanti to implement the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity which provides comprehensive MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) support to strengthen USAID/Nigeria’s results for increased learning and accountability and contribute to implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
The primary purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance provided by USAID/Nigeria through the Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity is meeting the stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from this particular Activity in Nigeria. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity.
The estimated start date will be October 1, 2021 . The evaluation is expected to last until January 2022, and the estimated LOE will be 46 days.
Deadline for applications: September 15th, 2021.
Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis, early submission is recommended.
SI is seeking an Evaluation Specialist who will who will provide technical support to the evaluation team. The Evaluation Specialist will be working alongside three team members: Team Leader, Agricultural Economist, and Agribusiness Specialist.
· Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
· Support the Team Leader’s efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
· Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
· Provide logistical planning and coordination for the evaluation.
· Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
· Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Nigeria.
· Write assigned sections of the draft evaluation report in coordination with team members, taking into consideration feedback from the findings presentation.
· Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in project management with strong logistics and planning skills.
- Must demonstrate experience in organizational capacity building/assessment required.
- Must demonstrate strong experience with data collection procedures, surveys, and analysis of data using statistical analysis tools suitable for a varied audience.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website:
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Job date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 02:09:04 GMT
For more latest Education Jobs click here.