Job title: DevOps Engineer – Lagos
Company: eRecruiter Nigeria
Job description: Job Description:
Our client is a major player in the Fintech/Payments industry with a highly advanced technology platform, helping to empower the new, digital era for Payments and fostering the Open Banking ecosystem. They currently have an opening for a full-time DevOps Engineer in Lagos.
The ideal candidate will support new and existing client projects while contributing towards ongoing product innovation.
- Assist with support and development of infrastructure and security tools.
- Build and manage automated testing and validation for both software and system configuration.
- Build and manage automation pipelines for operational workflows.
- Build and manage automation inside configuration management tools.
- Assist with delivering highly secure and efficient solutions within comprehensive compliance regulations (including ISO27100, HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.)
- Assist in integrating diverse technologies in multiple environments to provide monitoring, alerting, and reporting of performance and costs.
- Manage work in an agile operations framework, balancing sprint-based work with daily operational needs.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving system outages or performance impact, and communicate findings for ongoing improvement
- Work directly with the development team to test system integrity
- Test implemented designs
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and co-workers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development delivery
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree/ HND in Computer/System/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ Applied physics/ Computer Science or a related discipline
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or Relevant certification such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Extensive experience as a DevOps engineer on AWS
- Experience managing code repositories, build orchestrations, using Github, Jenkins
- Experience working with AWS services such API gateway, EKS, Cloudfornt Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka, AWS WAF, Database Migration service
- Experience designing, implementing, and monitoring log collection with tools such as Guard duty and CloudWatch
- Experience creating dashboards and configuring alerts with tools like CloudWatch, JIRA, and Slack
- Experience with tools like Zabbix, Prometheus, an ELK stack
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools like terraform, packer and AWS cloud Formation
- Proven scripting experience with experience in multiple scripting languages: Python, PowerShell, Bash, PHP, java script, etc
- Experience with building deployment pipelines using Jenkins
- Must have experience with Linux infrastructures, database SQL (PostgreSQL and MySQL)
- Experience with configuration management tools such chef, ansible, puppet
- Work remotely 3 times a week and can be asked to come in as business demands.
Location: Lagos, Lagos State
Job date: Sat, 08 May 2021 04:06:47 GMT