Job title: Design / Mechanical Engineer At Gabson Professional School Of Safety & Engineering
Job description: Gabson Professional School of Safety & Engineering was established in 2012 as the product of two visionary safety and engineering professionals with over 35 years of combined experience. Having acquired knowledge from industries ranging from manufacturing to oil & gas to construction, they discovered a void between what their respective fields required in the form of training and the actual skillsets of the available labour market. This along with a passion to create a workforce that is galvanized with relevant knowledge that will help them succeed in their chosen industry gave birth to Gabson Professional School Of Safety & Engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design / Mechanical Engineer
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials as may be required
- Design drawings and generate BOQ from design drawings and cost.
- Develops processes by designing for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensure project review meetings are held regularly on projects being managed
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manage all mechanical jobs; designing and assembling structures installation and maintenance in small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely, and sustainable manner at all times.
- Conduct onsite inspections as may be required.
- Ensure operations are in accordance with codes, policies, and safety standards.
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies to satisfy technical specifications.
- Assess potential risks, materials, and costs.
- Continuous cost-saving drive-in project execution.
- Regularly develop work procedure, method statement, and JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) prior to commencement of any works.
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety, etc., and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Report all incidents/accidents in an appropriate manner as laid down in the Company policy.
- Always develop specification document for all projects, installations, and maintenance as may be required.
- Ensure all documents relating to mechanical activities are properly filed with accurate labeling for easy retrieval.
- Incumbent would be measured based on achieving the objectives agreed annually in an atmosphere of team spirit and innovation while keeping the organization’s vital information.
Qualifications, Experienced & Skills Requirements
- B.Sc. or HND in Mechanical Engineering plus Knowledge of health, safety, and environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Mechanical design, fabrication, and installation.
- COREN/NSE certified or M.Sc. is an added advantage.
- Certification in Project Management is an added advantage
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAE) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM).
- Familiarity with 2D & 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g. AutoCAD, PDMS, ProE, or others Compulsory).
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, ProMechanica, or similar).
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView, etc.).
- Computer skills in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
- A certificate in HSE supervisory skill is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the Position as the subject of the email.
Job date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 06:17:50 GMT