Job title: Director, Small Cell and Inbuilding Engineering
Company: Rogers Communications
Job description: At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.”
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
The Director of Small Cell and Inbuilding Engineering will report to the VP, National Access Engineering. This critical National role will be responsible for developing and readying small cell and inbuilding solutions from testing through full integration into the network.
What you will be doing:
– Drive and manage small cell and inbuilding strategy
– Lead and coordinate cross-functionally to ensure that products are successfully connected and integrated to all necessary network components in the core, RAN, and OSS, and ready for deployment in the field
– Drive advancement of wireless small cell and inbuilding engineering product portfolio
– Ensure integrated small cell and inbuilding wireless standards for installation and leasing
– Define wireless performance measurement standards and KPIs
– Lead ongoing internal audits of financial transactions and produce reports that ensure compliance.
– Partner with Procurement to ensure optimum unit cost pricing
– Ensure teams performance objectives are clear and communicated to staff to ensure alignment of objectives across the business.
– Responsible for the coaching, development and recruitment of the National Small Cell and Inbuilding Engineering Team
What you bring to the role:
– 10+ years of Wireless experience in a leadership role within the telecom industry
– 5+ years of small cell and inbuilding design, performance, and/or deployment experience
– Results-oriented with extensive industry knowledge, able to lead multiple technical standards and engineering teams to support the design, deployment, and optimization of technical networks
– Ability to work closely with the Regions to deliver major program builds that are safe, cost effective and meet national design standards
– Experience writing, implementing and enforcing policies, workflows and governance.
– General knowledge of telecommunications, planning and civil engineering
– Ability to partner with other teams, including Regions, Real Estate, and Civil to deliver major program builds that are safe, cost effective and meet national design standards.
– Excellent presentation – Demonstrated business – A strong affinity for, and an ability to, serve as an effective mentor and coach to lead and retain talent
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Schedule: Full timeShift: DayLength of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON Travel Requirements: Up to 25%Posting Category/Function: Technology & EngineeringRequisition ID: 255246 At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
1. Our people are at the heart of our success
2. Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
3. We do what’s right, each and every day
4. We believe in the power of new ideas
5. We work as one team, with one vision
6. We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
At Rogers, we’re for helping you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We deliver today what our customers want tomorrow, and…
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.