Job title: Data Science Engineer
Company: Rogers Communications
Job description: At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer as part of the Rogers Enterprise and Analytics Team to to play a key role in building complex solution by turning data into actionable insights through conceptualizing, designing, developing analytical solutions as required.
The role will work closely with the stakeholders and enable business units in achieving a world-class customers experience and an outstanding data management and advanced analytics capabilities.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Enterprise Data and Analytics (ED&A) Team at the Rogers Park Brampton this individual will be responsible for Data Engineering and building Data Pipelines and Curated Products for various Business Units. This individual will be expected to lead in the successful delivery of several simultaneous projects working collaboratively with multiple business units, Architecture , Security and other IT Teams. The role must also stay on top of key industry trends in data and analytics and drive innovation within the ED&A team
What you will do:- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
– Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
– Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies
– Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
– Work in a team to build and maintain machine learning models
– Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
– Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
– Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
– Help drive transformation by continuously looking for ways to automate existing processes and optimize for efficiency and data quality
– Build and maintain CICD pipelines for Azure services on DevOps Tools
What you will bring:
– Experience in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing
– Experience in machine learning packages (e.g. Python scikit-learn, pyspark)
– Experience with Azure DevOps or similar Tools and Technologies
– Proficiency with Oracle SQL queries, query optimization and table design
– Ability to multi-task on multiple high priority projects \ deliverables
– Experience with Azure cloud platforms is an asset
– Knowledge of Data Management fundamentals and Data Storage principles
– Experience coding and automating processes using Python and Scala
– Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
– Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 240317
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
1. Our people are at the heart of our success
2. Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
3. We do what’s right, each and every day
4. We believe in the power of new ideas
5. We work as one team, with one vision
6. We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the b
usiness value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
At Rogers, we’re for helping you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We deliver today what our customers want tomorrow, and…
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.