Job title: Compliance Officer – Group Risk And Compliance At Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
Job description: Guaranty Trust Bank plc is a foremost Nigerian financial institution with vast business outlays spanning Anglophone West Africa and the United Kingdom. The Bank presently has an Asset Base of over 2 Trillion Naira, shareholders funds of over 200 Billion Naira and employs over 10,000 people in Nigeria, Cote dIvoire, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda and the United Kingdom.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Compliance Officer – Group Risk and Compliance
Reporting Line: Group Chief Risk and Compliance Officer
Industry: Financial Services
Purpose of the Job
- The Compliance Officer will provide assistance to the Group Chief Risk and Compliance Officer with the development of compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines for the Group.
- He/she will ensure that the Group complies with regulatory and statutory requirements, and also operates within limits set by regulators.
- He/she will be responsible for maintaining a compliance culture within the Group, and he/she will also be the resource and contact person to all compliance-related issues for the Group.
- Provide support in designing a robust compliance strategy for the Group with over 10 subsidiaries across Africa and across different financial services businesses
- Review and ensure compliance with all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Group
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Proactively review all regulatory permissions to ensure that they remain current and appropriate for business needs
- Evaluate Group activities to assess and monitor compliance risk
- Ensure continual compliance risk assessment of the Group practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due
- Ensuring compliance with best practices
- Any other duties as required by the Group Head
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage)
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, or AML)
- Good understanding of Compliance activities in Financial Services
- Local and international certifications in Compliance, such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Strong understanding of development and trends in both international and African financial sectors, as well as regulations and trends in these markets
- Deep knowledge and understanding of both banking and general financial markets regulatory environment including Anti-money laundering requirements.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in compliance experience preferably within the financial services environment
- Experience in assisting with the implementation of risk-based compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Ability to build relationships with senior leaders, and external agencies
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analysis capabilities
- Ability to exert sound judgment and discretion; assure confidentiality
- Ability to build strong network with regulatory bodies and government authorities
- Good standing and assertiveness, with excellent teamwork attitude, with proven ability to influence and coordinate team beyond his/her own department
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, changing organization
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 01:30:11 GMT