Job title: Company Secretary/Legal Adviser Conferring
Company: Phillips Consulting
Job description: The job holder will provide effective advisory services and guidance on strategic legal decisions for the Company.
- Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities.
- Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- Represents the department as required
- Ethics and compliance and governance services
- To anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations.
- To secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- To pro-actively create and maintain awareness of business employees for (compliance with) relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines.
- Serve as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors on all matters relating to company law
- Liaise with external counsel, regulators, and other third-party service providers.
- Responsible for all C.A.C legal compliance issues ensuring proper filing of annual returns and giving necessary notifications to the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Provide legal consultations to all departments/units where necessary and ensure the company’s interest is well protected.
- Draft and review contracts and internal policies as well as ensuring that the company is in compliance with all statutory and legal requirements.
- Provide legal advice to Management on the following:- Commercial law – Corporate governance
- in corporate and commercial transactions from negotiation to conclusion.
- Serve as custodian of all Company Service Level Agreements and other related documents (make it more robust).
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, and take appropriate action.
- Carry out such administrative and other secretarial duties duties as directed by the Board and Management.
- University degree (LL.B)
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience , of which, at least 8 years must have been in the financial sector and 4 years at top management level.
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Ability to plan and work strategically, proactively and independently.
- Effective use of ICT (Microsoft Office)
- Conflict resolutions
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- The ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Understanding of legal issues, including governance and legal compliance
- Understanding of the financial services industry
- Knowledge of conflict management
- Knowledge of the Labour laws
- Deep understanding of ethical rules and laws Excellent analytical skills
- Presentation Skills
- Team Player
- Result Oriented
- Working with and t hrough teams.
- Ability to work under pressure
Job date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 22:05:30 GMT