Job title: Commis 1 – Bakery
Job description: Commis 1 – Bakery
Contemporary, modern and elegant 5-star accommodation, the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers is based in one of the most dynamic locations in Dubai – Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
Just off the famous Sheikh Zayed Road, the 168-room hotel is close to Dubai’s thriving key business districts and commercial free zones, minutes away from the city’s most iconic attractions and walking distance to Dubai Metro.
Overlooking tranquil lakes and the striking Dubai Marina skyline, the hotel offers its guests 3 dining and entertainment options, 7 meeting rooms, an outdoor pool and spa. Mövenpick Jumeirah Lakes Towers is is highly convenient for business activities or leisure as suited for exploring one of the most exciting cities in the world.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes together with the Chef de Partie shifting in the section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service
- Takes orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Is responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie writes daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section
- Maintains good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues
- Works to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index
- Attends daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef
- Checks the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization
- Reports any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de Cuisine and to follow up and ensure necessary work has been carried out
- Passes all information to the next shift about functions
- Maintains the Hygiene and HACCP records in accordance to the regulations
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- At least 1 or 2 years in a five start international chain hotel
- Should understand how to read recipes and a good knowledge of cooking
- Good communication skills
- Experience in bakery section is a must
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 22:24:52 GMT