Job title: Chef At Dreams By Dv8
Job description: Dreams by Dv8 is a luxury Hotel, Bar, and Restaurant chain in the heart of Surulere, a new way to experience the city. a place for the curious and courageous to dig deeper, finding inspiration in every unscripted adventure with no guidebooks required.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Chef to join our team and prepare delicious, sumptuous state-of-the-art meals for our distinguished guests..
- Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus, and preparing high-quality dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
- Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Prepare meals for our guests in a timely manner
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Monitor/Regulate kitchen stock and necessary requisitions
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests
- Setting up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and food scales
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 5 – 8 years relevant work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Chef or cook
- A culinary school diploma is strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking, and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- State-of-the-art previous chef role is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and clear pictures to: with the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Location: Surulere, Lagos State
Job date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 04:37:55 GMT