Job title: Carbon Furnace Operator
Job description: Do you want to work for a growing aerospace company with great pay and benefits and only work half the days of the year?
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 an hour with $2.00 shift premium
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Carbon Furnace Operator will perform all tasks which are required in the daily operation of the production facility. The individual must be able to perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner. They must be able to operate pre-form equipment, CVI and heat treat furnaces, CNC machining equipment, material handling equipment including hoists and cranes, tow motors, pallet trucks, and other miscellaneous equipment. They must be able to monitor and record data and make adjustments as needed to achieve processing requirements. In addition, they must be able to troubleshoot while operating equipment, including performing and documenting limited preventative maintenance.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Comprehend and accurately follow specific detailed operational instructions and prints for job and setup operations. They may also be required to document specific detailed instructions and procedures. They must be able to follow specific quality criteria to maintain quality system requirements. They must be able to monitor, measure and record quality assurance data including, but not limited to, dimensions, weight, or other specific information.
- Use calipers, depth gauges, micrometers, and other measuring equipment as required in the performance of job responsibilities. They must also be able to correctly and accurately utilize computers and the appropriate software programs in the performance of their job responsibilities.
- Track orders, utilize appropriate equipment, and move material to enable the production process to flow efficiently and effectively. They will be required to order production and non-production materials necessary to the normal operation of the facility.
- Production Associates must be self-directed and flexible in the performance of job duties. They must be able to communicate information as required to all other individuals involved in the normal operation of the facility. They must be willing to work in teams for daily production and improvement opportunities. In addition, they must be able to perform receiving, packing, and shipping duties as assigned. They will also be required to perform plan housekeeping duties as necessary to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Responsible for quality of work performed, observing safe work practices and maintaining a safe and clean work area. They will be subjected to dust, fillings, chips, heat, and noise in the normal performance of their duties.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years’ Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Skilled in the use of hand tools including calipers, depth gages, micrometers, and other measuring equipment, and machinery
- Ability to read various instructions
- Must be proficient in utilizing a standard computer keyboard and user friendly software
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple manufacturing prints and possess the skills needed to accomplish the print requirements
- Able to recognize and solve typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluate and select solutions from established options
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Health insurance – three plans to choose from
- ($600 individual deductible)
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid sick time
- Paid uniforms
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD insurance
- Candidate referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Support for community involvement
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or .
Expected salary: $20 per hour
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.