Job title: Boiler & Turbine Operator Job at Unicane Industries Ltd
Company: Unicane Industries Ltd
Job description: Unicane Industries Limited is into Ethanol refining and Sheabutter production. It has been in the business for over 10 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Boiler & Turbine Operator
Job Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
- Operate, repair, maintain and adjust boilers, turbines, pumps, compressors, water lines, steam lines, valves, and all related systems and equipment.
- Ensure appropriate fuel delivery to keep the boiler working.
- Devote significant time to monitoring meters and gauges to maintain fuel, chemical and water levels, adjusting the levels as necessary
- Attention to detail is essential
- Monitor equipment and quickly identify potential safety issues
. * Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as necessary
- Maintain systems by scheduling regular inspections, cleanings, filter replacement and all other tasks necessary to keep all components performing optimally; identify and repair or replace malfunctioning components
- Ensure safety by monitoring safety equipment, identifying potential issues and taking appropriate steps to suspend operations and repair the problem
- Perform necessary repairs and replacements, obtain replacement parts and upgrade components as needed while staying within the budget
- Supervise team of assistant operators and mechanics by delegating repair, maintenance and monitoring tasks, scheduling jobs, providing appropriate instruction and giving constructive feedback on performance
- Study to keep current on knowledge of all applicable safety laws and regulations in order to ensure full compliance at all times
- Create and enter properly documented records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs
- Sustain up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant technology and make recommendations for overhauls and upgrades
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience with complex systems and/or the industrial sector
- Supervisory and/or project management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly safety-conscious
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Job date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 05:09:18 GMT