Oil and Gas Jobs
Job title: Biopharmaceutical Technician I – Nights
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job description: Job Description
Biopharmaceutical Production Technician I
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
St. Louis, MO
How will you make an impact?
The candidate will be responsible for the performance of operations in support of the manufacture of Commercial and Clinical Biologics. He/She will be responsible for following Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and carrying out a variety of functions related to Upstream (cell culture) and Downstream (purification) biopharmaceutical manufacturing. These functions may include but are not limited to activities such as propagation of mammalian cell culture, conducting aseptic cell culture operations, execution of large scare production bioreactors (50L – 2000L), conducting large scale chromatography, viral inactivation, viral filtration, ultrafiltration and diafiltration, as well as aseptic filling of bulk drug substance.
What will you do?
- Execution of manufacturing batch records, work instructions and/or SOPs, with focus on proactive ‘right the first time’ executions. Assist with batch record reconciliation.
- Assist in all Department functions, such as maintaining suite, supplies, equipment, logbooks and data in accordance with site SOPs and policies.
- Documentation of all activities to meet cGMP requirements. Execute document reviews and revisions. Daily record review, tasks, and databases. Actively provide feedback.
- Critical evaluation of processes, including foresight and thinking ahead.
- Complete preventative maintenance and work notifications tasks on time. Perform equipment testing and routine trouble-shooting.
- Ensure tasks are executed with a method of prioritization – interpret production schedules and complete tasks accordingly.
- Participate in shift exchanges, 1-1’s, meetings, attend meetings as necessary to facilitate area needs based on changes, etc. (lean activities).
How will you get here?
- High school degree required. Associates in a relevant scientific discipline preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry seen as a plus.
- No experience required, but 1-3 years of relevant lab experience in a related field or industry preferred
- Experience in manufacturing and/or GMP environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding ‘why’ and not just the ‘how’ of processes and practices
- Knowledge of cGMP practices, aseptic techniques, or chemical concepts seen as a plus
- Mechanical Skills/ Analytical Skills/Method Automation
- MS Office
- Strong math skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Detail oriented
- Results driven
- Able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Able to understand and carry out instructions
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Effectively multi-task
- Able to work in an environment of change
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to recognize problems developing, not just occurring
- Must be able to wear full gowning which includes: gloves, hair & beard nets, face covers, and safety glasses. These items are prohibited: makeup, jewelry, nail polish, cologne / perfume, scented lotions or hair care products.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Manufacturing & Production, Operations
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Oil and Gas Jobs click here.