Job title: Bid Manager (Power Sector) – Abuja
Company: eRecruiter Nigeria
Job description: Job Description:
Our client is a proprietary public development firm with years of operation across Nigeria, and client base currently consists of international development agencies, government bodies, power distribution companies and other industry stakeholders in the Power Sector. They currently have an opening for a Bid Manager – Abuja .
The Bid Manager would be responsible for generating new business and developing the proposal for bids to existing or prospective clients for projects. He/She will actively source new business opportunities; contact and develop relationships with potential clients; search various forums and databases, conferences, meetings, and other potential business contact avenues for new clients; initiate and lead new business bids. The Manager will also ensure the smooth running of the bid for a project within the correct time and financial parameters and manage the relationship with the client.
To be successful in this role, the Manager must possess these key competencies:
The Bid Manager must be skilled in overseeing all aspects of proposal preparation, ensuring quality, compelling bids are submitted on time. The Manager reviews all Client requirements to ensure that they are met in the proposal and collaborate with a wide variety of involved parties to include all necessary information.
Tasked with coordinating incoming bid requests and proposal responses, the Bid Manager must organise and track all requests and responses using the company’s databases. It is his/her responsibility to maintain and update this database regularly. The Manager must also set up Client profiles in appropriate databases and maintain Client information.
Knowledge of Development Agency/International Organization Bidding Process:
The Bid Manager acts as the lead in sourcing for international bids, preparation of those bids and ensuring a stellar bid is submitted and won. The Manager should have previous experience working on international organisations’ bidding processes, developing leads from business contacts and social meets, and use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with clients, consultants, and partners.
Industry Knowledge of the Power Sector:
The Manager will be developing new business concepts around the firm’s focus areas of competitive electricity market design, clean energy transition, electricity policy research and analysis and electricity infrastructure and investment advisory, and excellent knowledge of the African Electricity Market.
Provide Customer Service:
The Bid Manager must provide potential and current clients with excellent customer service to successfully win bids. In addition, the Manager must improve client satisfaction and ensure that important clients are retained, quickly developing and implementing solutions when the potential to lose a client presents itself. Regularly communicating with Clients is crucial, as is notifying them of any project updates or changes.
Oversee Bid Pricing:
The Bid Manager negotiates with potential and current clients on behalf of the firm to secure deals and implement pricing agreements between the firm and the client. In addition, he/she assists with bid pricing and submit pricing suggestions for review and approval.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the African electricity market within the firm’s focus areas.
- Identifying opportunities for bid submissions and raising them with the bid management team.
- Qualify leads from marketing and bid campaigns.
- Conducting research and brainstorming key points to include in the bid to craft persuasive and detailed proposals on time.
- Stay up to date with new plans, products or services in the African Power Sector space and position the firm adequately to fit in and acquire new businesses accordingly.
- Conceptualise and develop Businesses for prospective clients.
- Present the company to potential clients, development agencies, research organisations, media companies, and other interested parties.
- Keeping track of all costs and managing budgets.
- Conducting team briefings once bids have been secured
- Devise a successful strategy for winning a bid, including pinpointing the unique selling points (key differentiators) of the firm, knowing the firm’s operating and profit margins and understanding the clients’ specific requirements (the client, in this case, is the organisation that is offering the work)
- Contact and follow up on clients/potential clients through LinkedIn messaging, emails, phone calls, meetings etc.
- Identify client needs and customise the firm’s solutions to suit client needs and increase client satisfaction.
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Firm Executives.
- Report to the Business Development Partner on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) revenue results.
- Must have a B.Sc in Marketing, Business Administration or any relevant field (MBA is an added advantage).
- Must have at least 7 years of experience as a Business Development Personnel (Leading bids, proposal development, client relationships, and strategy formation), Marketing Executive or any similar role.
- Considerable experience in the Electricity space (previous experience in any Power Sector establishment in Africa is an advantage).
- Excellent understanding of International Development organisations and their tenders and bidding processes.
- Experience as a bid writer is advantageous.
- Excellent Power Industry Knowledge and willingness to keep up with trends.
- Experience in obtaining proposal management experience.
- Experience demonstrating previous exposure to contracts and an understanding of basic contract language.
- Track record of winning competitive bidding processes, with a preference on international organisational bids.
- Must have extensive sales experience.
- Possessing experience interacting with Executive-level Staff.
- Showing an understanding of the bid process.
- Experience securing large contracts.
- Knowledge of document management methods.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deadline-driven and committed to excellence.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ultimately, the Bid Manager is expected to increase the firm’s reach, boost revenue, and contribute to the firm’s long-term business growth.
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 07:11:12 GMT