Job title: Base Administrator Recruitment at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
Job description: Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Base Administrator
Job Location: Yobe
Purpose of the Role
- We are looking for a highly qualified Country Administrator with overall responsibility for supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of COOPI financial and administrative operations in Jobe state, in Damaturu.
- Ensures the correct management of the safes and the project’s bank accounts, by directly managing or by regularly controlling the project accountant, if available;
- Ensures the correct project accountancy and all accountancy documents filing, by monitoring the accountants or by directly performing the accountancy, in case there was no accountant;
- Verifies the correct administrative management of the projects (contracts, goods and services purchase, calls for tenders etc.) in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures (EU and others );
- Ensures the correct filing of all project’s administrative documents;
- Monitors expenses in accordance with the budget, and provides the accountancy data to the PM so as to allow him to monitor and plan the expenditures and to request funds;
- Supports the elaboration of contract modifications (including the budget), and in the preparation of all necessary projects documents;
- Contributes to the development of the project’s financial planning;
- Prepares the intermediate and final financial reports for the projects under his responsibility;
- Supports in budget preparation as well as proposals development.
- Plans the work, supervises, and collaborates to train the staff of the project’s accounting – administrative area upon request by the Head of Mission;
- Upon request, collaborates to staff evaluation activities;
- Is the focal point of the complaint mechanism and the code of conduct.
- Provides technical oversight to the procurement process;
- Ensures that proper supply chain management procedures are in place and those standard logistics and related administrative systems are established and implemented within COOPI country programme.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role within an international NGO, donor or multilateral agency;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in large organizations;
- Substantial experience working with INGO’s, UN agencies and networking and negotiating with authorities;
- Very strong financial analysis skills and extensive practical experience working with financial tools, highly proficient with excel such as using pivot table, developing macros, etc.;
- Experience with capacity building of national staff;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to motivate and guide staff working in a complex conflict environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective team and external relations;
- Good analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment.
- Previous experience in an African context, preferably in Nigeria.
- We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.