Job title: Assistant Account Officer
Company: Afcon Recruit
Job description: Job Description:
We are looking for a detail-oriented Assistant Account Officer to assist in our financial department based in ibadan. The responsibilities of an Assistant Account Officer include keeping financial records up-to-date, checking for inaccuracies in invoices, and handling queries on general accounts.
To be successful as an Account Officer, you should have knowledge of basic accounting procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Assistant Account Officer should be able to achieve excellent customer service and maintain accurate financial records.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in business administration or account preferred
- Proven work experience as an Account Officer.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Experience using accounting software, such as in MS Excel, QuickBooks and Quicken
- Solid analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A Certified Public Accountant title is preferred
- Familiarity with productivity tools, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Quick to collaborate and coordinate with team members when necessary
- Prior experience working with financial accounts
- Strong math and critical reasoning skills
- Maintaining financial records.
- Handling accounts payable and receivable.
- Checking invoices.
- Resolving accounts to the general ledger.
- Contacting clients about transactions and invoices.
- Handling queries related to accounts.
- Process accounts payable and receivable, depending on role
- Utilize database software to organize financial account information
- Handle account inquiries from internal and external sources
- Make regular contact with clients to ensure payment
- Ensure company financial accounts, such as credit cards, are paid on time
- Perform internal audits on financial activities as necessary
- Review both incoming and outgoing invoices
- Generate financial reports for review regulatory authorities
- Competitive salary, workplace benefits and eligibility for equity
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leadders for country-changing ventures
Location: Ibadan, Oyo State
Job date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 04:28:26 GMT