Job title: Art / Music Teacher At An International Secondary School – Eden Solutions & Resources Limited
Job description: Eden Solutions & Resources Limited – Our client, an International Secondary School in Umuahia, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Art / Music Teacher
Location: Umuahia, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is looking for a creative and flexible Art/Music Teacher to join its team of seasoned educators. The Art/Music Teacher’s responsibilities include preparing lessons, and providing developmentally appropriate instruction on art and music techniques. You should also be able to supervise lessons to ensure that learners interact in a supportive and respectful manner.
- To teach classes as allocated by the Principal and Vice Principal Academics, having due regard to the aims and policies of the school, current schemes of work, the syllabus and the National Curriculum.
- To share in the corporate responsibility for the pastoral care, well-being and discipline of all pupils at School with reference to the school’s commitment to Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
- To take an active part in the extra-curricular life of the school and its pupils.
- The role may involve the delivery of other subjects, including the coaching of Games where applicable.
- To prepare lessons in accordance with the agreed schemes of work that enhance the education of pupils of all ability groups.
- To deliver appropriate timetabled lessons in a professional manner, considering the school policies on pupils with learning needs and disabilities.
- To mark any written work conscientiously, following school policy and recording the results of any assessments made in an accessible format.
- Communicate with parents with information about their child’s set.
- Administrative and organisational tasks
- Parent body, responding to requests for information and assistance.
- Experience of teaching Physical Science across the junior and secondary school age range.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related discipline with PGDE.
- TRCN certification is preferred
- Prior experience of leading and managing a department.
- Evidence of recent professional development.
- A sound level of competence in ICT
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Excellent communicator with parents, pupils and colleagues.
- Ability to demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- A hard-working team player with an eagerness to participate fully in the life of a busy boarding school
- An effective and successful teacher with firm discipline, high personal standards and high expectations of pupils, along with a sense of humour.
- An ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children.
- Competitive and higher than industry rates
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Location: Umuahia, Abia State
Job date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 03:02:00 GMT