Job title: Service Supervisor
Job description: Join us on our journey towards a greener future.
Do you have experience supervising operational maintenance teams? Are you interested in power generation and delivering renewable energy?
Would you like an opportunity to apply your skills and qualifications in a company at the forefront of the industry?
MVOW Offshore Wind UK Ltd.
Tasks & responsibilities
In line with Vestas’ quality, HSE and Operational procedures, it will be your responsibility to organize, plan and support all site activities,
ensuring the smooth and safe operation of the wind farm. You will be working closely with our customer and supervising a team of colleagues
to service and maintain the wind farm.
- Compliance to Vestas’ Health & safety, Quality, Operational procedures
- Engage with and live by Vestas values
- Supervise & coordinate all site activity
- Be responsible for safety standards and create a positive culture
- Weather monitoring through site forecasts
- Create transfer plans and coordinate vessel manifests
- Project planning & coordination of annual inspections, servicing & maintenance
- Project planning & implementation of upgrade campaigns
- Daily monitoring of operations, and remote fault finding via online systems
- Working within the Vestas ERP system (SAP)
- Raising work orders, NCRs, quality cases and learning opportunities
- Reviewing & approving team hours
- Reviewing & approval of work orders, material consumptions & reports
- Implement and maintain a continuous improvement system
- Collaborate with support functions and colleagues
- Offshore inspections, audits, and occasional shifts
- Maintaining onsite customer collaborations
- Working closely with customers in support of site activity
- Management of customer daily, weekly & monthly reports
- Providing support to senior management
- Review and improvement of operational documentation
Skills & experience:
Our new colleague is committed to continuous improvement and able to stay professional. You are safety focussed, professional and committed,
whilst capable of assuming responsibility for the daily operation of an offshore windfarm.
Professional experience with electrical or mechanical systems, for example having worked in the offshore industry. Previous involvement in project management
or operational supervision is expected. A willingness to travel to other sites when required, in support of business needs.
Equally important is to be proficient, trusted, and hardworking, with an ability to adapt to ever changing situations. We expect you to have good
problem-solving skills and an ability to supervise a diverse team through times of change and adversity.
- Electrical/Mechanical/Marine Engineering – NVQ L4 / HNC / HND / Degree / C&G technical
- Project Management or operational supervision
- Good English skills both oral and in written
- Full driver’s license
- IT skills (SAP, Dynamics, Oracle, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good time management
- Safety focussed with an ability to supervise and implement safety standards
- Accountable person who takes responsibility for actions
- Team-oriented person who supports colleagues
- Focused and determined to achieve goals
- Enthusiastic about renewables and making a positive difference
- Ability to be efficient, keep tasks simple and ensure they are delivered
- Good communicator and able to effectively collaborate with colleagues
- Problem solver who will positively seek support
- Ability to influence and supervise others
What we offer:
Join us if you would like to work in an international and future thinking company where we work collaboratively every day to remain the
global leader in the renewables sector. You will be part of a committed team in an organisation characterised by being enthusiastic, innovative, and professional.
A team that operates and supports multiple windfarms and their daily operational needs.
All applications will be via our careers portal and please apply before the 31st March to be considered.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.