Oil and Gas Jobs
Job title: Advisor, Lower 48 Communications
Job description: Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 14 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
If you are selected as the Advisor, you will be required to have significant levels of self-management, content development and interaction with all levels of the business unit. You will proficiency in areas such as external communications, project management, employee engagement and leadership communications to ensure the planning, development and execution of communications to support business priorities and align with the company’s strategy.
This position can be based in Midland, Texas or Houston, Texas.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Provide strategic communications council to business unit leaders and project teams
- Serve as the primary communicator for the Lower 48’s Health & Safety, Environmental & Sustainable Development, Finance, IT and HR communications
- Support ESG reporting communications and responses to inquiries for the business unit
- Develop news releases and key messages in anticipation of operational milestones and events
- Drive internal communications strategies and plans that engage employees and promote understanding of the company’s strategy and values
- Manage the Lower 48’s internal communications channels
- Coordinate with stakeholder relations team to develop content for audiences in the business unit’s key areas of operations
- Work with government affairs and corporate communications teams to develop communications plans addressing regulatory and legislative issues
- Develop content for the company’s internal and external websites.
- Support content development and logistics for leadership town halls and other employee communications events
- Act as a member of the business unit’s crisis response team
- Lead complex communications issues to produce timely and measurable results
- Translate complex information into creative and effective communication concepts
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, public relations, or related discipline or foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in communications, preferably in an oil and gas environment
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft O365 applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and Word
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 25% of the time on a yearly basis
- Proven project management skills
- Strong writer with editing experience and knowledge of AP style
- Superior communications, collaboration and networking skills
- Ability to influence others through communications
- Experience working directly with senior leaders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Awareness of oil and gas industry terminology
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 23, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Oil and Gas Jobs click here.