Job title: Accounts Officer – Fixed Asset & GL
- Department: Finance (Okpella Plant)
- Reports To: Deputy Head of Finance
- Direct Reports/ Subordinates: N/A
- Job Grade : Officer
- Manage and maintain DCP’s fixed asset records/ register and ensure proper accounting for fixed assets at the plant, in compliance with DCP’s fixed assets policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review CAPEX purchase requisitions and ensure accurate upload of all fixed assets in the fixed asset register.
- Calculate and record depreciation for all fixed assets in accordance with IFRS and DCP’s depreciation policies.
- Review, interpret and apply fixed assets policies to fixed asset transactions at the plant including purchase, valuation, revaluation, accruals and disposal.
- Reconcile the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger on a periodic basis.
- Ensure supporting plant fixed assets records and schedules are sufficient to meet audit/regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all fixed asset purchases with the various departments and collate updates on new additions on a monthly basis
- Ensure all new assets are properly labelled and set up in the fixed asset register and individual asset account.
- Periodically reconcile and coordinate physical stock taking of fixed assets to ensure proper location and existence of all fixed assets.
- Ensure accurate entries for all fixed assets acquisition, disposal/movements and depreciation.
- Manage the activities involved in the disposal of fully depreciated, obsolete or damaged assets.
- Participate in month-end financial closing procedures
- Prepare the year-end fixed asset/depreciation schedules for annual audit/review.
- Assist in the development of fixed asset management processes, policies & procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Head of Finance
Educational and Work Experience
- B.Sc. or HND in Finance/ Accounting
- Professional certification in Accounting (ACA, ACCA) is an added advantage
- 2 – 6 years relevant work experience in Accounting or Finance function.
Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, preferably SAP.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Private Health Insurance
Paid Time Off
Training & Development
Location: Okpella, Edo State
Job date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 22:37:32 GMT