Job title: Accounts Officer – Costing
Job description: Job Summary
- Assist in coordinating DCP’s cost accounting, cost of sales analysis, product costing and variance analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Maintain up-to-date and accurate production data including raw materials consumed in production, production quantity, down time, etc.
- Generate variance analysis of planned vs. actual activity rates and standard prices on a monthly basis and investigate variances.
- Plan standard product costs including cost of activities for each month based on approved actual values for the previous month.
- Allocate costs for central or joint expenditure to relevant cost centres in line with DCP’s cost allocation policies.
- Allocate direct operating and overhead costs across products for the purpose of evaluating and controlling product pricing, profitability, and trends.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
- Perform period closing and related activities for product costing.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory liability accounts.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- 3 – 6 years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development
Location: Okpella, Edo State
Job date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 22:33:20 GMT