Job title: Account Receivable Officer
Job description: Job Summary
- Ensure accurate and timely recognition and reporting of all revenue generated by the plant in the course of its business.
- Manage customers’ accounts ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all sales orders issued to customers.
- Confirm customer deposit into DCP’s bank account and post against customer’s account
- Reconcile customer accounts to the general ledger balances.
- Identify irregularities in the customer account reconciliation and work with the relevant Sales and Marketing staff to resolve these issues.
- Post necessary entries to correct errors/irregularities identified in customer account reconciliation.
- Review the commercial agreement entered in the database for each customer to ensure it complies with the written agreement.
- Reconcile cash sales to sales orders and cash at the bank, on a daily basis.
- Recognise revenue on receipt of proof of delivery (invoice, waybill, haulage invoice, etc).
- Analyse cash/ credit sales vs. cement dispatch (weighbridge) vs. actual quantity of cement produced on a weekly basis; investigate and resolve all variances identified.
- Generate monthly Sales and Collection Report to aid management decision making.
- Resolve queries on customer account balance and provide account history where required.
- Generate customer ageing report and follow up with relevant staff in Sales and Marketing on due
to ensure payments are received. * Proactively and efficiently execute work plans as approved by the Head, Plant Finance.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of Head, Plant Finance and other relevant parties.
- Track customer bank guarantees and liaise with the relevant banks to ensure payment is made on the bank guarantee’s due date(s).
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) will be an added advantage.
- Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good understanding of SAP and inventory control systems with a working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Location: Obajana, Kogi State
Job date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 22:54:46 GMT